Wednesday, November 4, 2009

FAMU Flu Shot


In memory of fallen rattler..Courtney Simms , the FAMU School of Pharmacy hosted a flu shot drive. Simms was and still is one of my good friends. It made my heart smile to see that the school took the initiative to try and save a life with immunizations before it's too late. They gave out free shots to students and faculty members. So I walked into the lobby of the School of Pharmacy and I recognized a few students there to get shots . One of the Pharmacists walked up to me and told me that if I got a shot I would be able to win a surprise gift. At first I contemplated about whether or not I was going to do it. I am terrified of needles . But I went for it . The shot was actually painless. It was very quick and I barely felt anything. So after she put the band aid on my right arm ,where the puncture wound was , she took me into the next room. I put my hand into a cup and pulled a raffle ticket. To my surprise , I won a great gift. I won a Chik-Fil-A sandwich. I was so excited because not only was I able to get a story , but knocked out lunch too! I had a good time collecting interviews and data.

No comments:

Post a Comment